Institutions must update their GE Program disclosures for the 2011–2012 award year by January 31, 2013.
The disclosures must be based on data about students who completed the GE Program during the 11-12 award year (July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012). The Department of Education has not, to date, provided the GE disclosure form (template) referred to in the regulations. Until the template is available, institutions must make their GE Program disclosures using an institutionally-determined format. The institution must ensure that all six components of the disclosure requirements are included. The following must be included in a GE Program’s disclosures:
- Occupations that the program prepares students to enter.
- Normal time to complete the program.
- On-time graduation rate for completers.
- Tuition and fees for completing the program in the normal time.
- Placement rate for completers, if required by state or accreditor.
- Median educational loan debt incurred by completers, disclosed in three separate categories: Title IV loans, private loans, and institutional debt.
Schools should see the regulations and the November 23, 2012 Gainful Employment Electronic
Announcement #42 for the complete listing of these six components of the GE disclosures requirements, as well as reminders of how the disclosures are to be displayed.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this Did You Know, please contact your Customer Service Representatives by calling 800.327.5772 x 5.